May 16, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I actually started and completed a project this week. This is something I've had on the back burner forever, so I'm glad I finally got around to it.

I bought some cherry grocery bag fabric at JoAnn's when they started carrying it (I wanna say it was a year ago). This fabric is the stuff they make the re-useable grocery bags out of and is some weird non-woven material. I wanted to make my own shopping bag, so I used the Charlie Reusable Grocery Bag pattern from Burda Style.

The bag was pretty easy to make and since I was using this fabric, I really didn't have to finish the edges, but you know how I am. So, I zig-zagged the edges in a contrasting color to give the bag some interest. I have to say that the trickiest part of making the bag was creating the folds on the bottom. But I adjusted them, to give it a gusseted feel.

The one thing about this bag though, is that it's HUGE. Like super duper big. It has a pouch sewn on the inside that you can stuff the bag into, so you can keep it in your purse, but I had to do some major origami to get it to fit.

But I'm loving my new shopping bag. And since it's in my purse already, I have no more excuses of leaving my shopping bags at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment