Nov 15, 2012

Disney time

It seems like I haven't posted anything in ages! But I'm back. Last week I went on a mini-vacation with Mom and Grandma. We went up to Disney World for a few days. It was nice to get away and I had a great girls trip with the ladies.

We stayed at the All-Star Movies (same place I stayed last year). I just love staying on property at Disney. This time we got the Fantasia building. The hat was so cute, though Grandma asked me what the egg was in front of our hotel was until she got a good look at it.


The first night we headed out to the Boardwalk for dinner. It was chilly (let's be serious, it was cold!), so we bundled up and took the bus and boat to the boardwalk.

When we got back to the hotel, we got some hot chocolate to warm up. It was yummy.

The next morning, Mom and I went exploring around the hotel for a bit after breakfast. I met Goofy.

And Mom was on TV with the Dalmatians.

Then we were off to the Magic Kingdom. Check out Grandma in her scooter. She was styling.

No matter how old I get, I always love Cinderella Castle. I've always wanted to live there.

Grandma's absolute favorite is It's a Small World (aka "El Mundo de las Muñecas"). So that was a must-do on our trip. And of course, I loved the French ones in the last room the best.

And just as we were about to head back to the hotel, we notice that the new Fantasyland was open! So we got to go inside and get a peek. This is the Beast's castle.
 
And of course, a statue in honor of the great Gaston.

Then we strolled over to the more seaside look of the Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
 
And we even got to ride it! I won't spoil too much for those that will be heading there soon, but it was great. It was so pretty and you know Disney, the themeing of it was awesome. It was great to see an area with rides for the the newer princesses.

We headed back to the hotel and then Mom and I headed back to the park at night. We started out at Storybook Circus, one of the other new areas in Fantasyland. (Check out that Lamber the Sheepish Lion poster!)

And for the first time ever, I rode Dumbo. Yes, I have been to Disney almost every year of my childhood, but never rode Dumbo. The lines were always entirely too long and it was out in the sun. But they gave Dumbo a facelift. They added another Dumbo machine and a new line which is under cover. Mom and I passed by and saw a 10 minute wait and decided to go for it. Mom kinda freaked out over being up so high (yeah, she's a bit of a scaredy cat), but once we were up and saw all of the Magic Kingdom from that height it was awesome.


I just love how the Magic Kingdom lights up at night.

And my little brother Angel would be totally jealous, cause when we got to the Tomorrowland Speedway, there was only a 10 minute wait too! I'm telling you the best time to ride at Disney is when the parades are going on. Everyone is looking at that and you can get on rides in no time.

After Tomorrowland, we had ridden all we could ride, so Mom and I grabbed some ice cream and headed back to the hotel. Since they already have the place decked out for the holidays, Cinderella castle was frosted in icicles. A great view to end the night with.

I had a great time heading up to see Mickey with Mom and Grandma. It was a nice little getaway that was badly needed!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! Now I really wanna go to Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! And that new fastasyland is amazing.

      Delete