Jul 9, 2018

Tropical Stitch Cake

After seeing my cakes online, one of my friends contacted me to make a birthday cake for her niece. She loves Stitch, and she wanted to incorporate that with a tropical theme.


My friend gave me the idea for some hibiscus flowers on the cake. Mom, my flower expert, had never made these before. But with some practice and some tutorials, she made some pretty cute flowers.


Mom also made some daisies as accent pieces.


And we even added the name on the cake board with a little fondant.


Now you can't tell from outside, but this is a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Amazing how a little food color can fool you. We added the Stitch toy to the top of the cake along with the flowers, and it looked pretty good.


Another cake making challenge was presented to us. And I'd consider this one another cake success!

No comments:

Post a Comment