Jun 19, 2018

Final weeks of marathon training

Here are the runs from my final weeks of marathon training. Another crazy long run and some short runs in between.


Saturday, December 2nd - 6.1 miles
A 6 miler as a long run was a nice change after 20 miles the week before.



Thursday, December 7th - 2.5 miles
Got in a weekday run.



Sunday, December 10th - 7.06 miles
An afternoon run?  It actually cooled off in Miami, so I got in my run at 1:15pm. Can't beat that.



Saturday, December 16th - 22.01 miles
And here it was, the last big run. This was it before the full, after this was taper time. I got out on the road at about 4am, and Andy followed me on a bike.


It was hard. Hard to get moving, hard to get into a groove, but eventually I did. Stopped half way for a pit stop.


The temp outside was good, thankfully, but I was tired of being on my feet. Everything hurt, but mostly my feet. And I was just overall tired. I was walking the last few miles with some IT band pain. I should have gotten in 23-24, but I wanted to be done already.


I got home and Mom made breakfast, which I was so looking forward to, and then I got into my ice bath.



Thursday, December 21st - 2.51 miles
The weather was nice, so I got in a quick run before work!



Sunday, December 31st - 2.62 miles
Tried out the new shoes I got for Christmas. Still too new to use for the full, but did 2.62, the week before attempting 26.2.

No comments:

Post a Comment