Mar 15, 2007

guess who got a great gig!

so yesterday afternoon, i see an email from my friend nat here at the office... she works a few desks down from me. she saw a posting on craigslist and thought of me, so she sent it over. it was for a seamstress to make curtains, pillows and table runners for a reality show. for shits and giggles, i sent my experience and my contact info. i left work and didn't even give it a second thought. until half way home someone with a 323 are code calls the cell phone. turns out that they wanted me for the job! they wanted to see if i was available on the 19th, 20th & 21st. i told them sure no problem. she confirmed me and told me she'd call back with more details. this was awesome! i had monday off of work already, and i figured i could call in sick if they needed me tues. and wed. she called back as i was getting to the house, and told me that they moved it to the 17th, 18th, and 19th. perfect! so i'm confirmed for saturday for a 12 hour day. 8am-8pm. not too shabby.

i have to say that this gig is kismet. it combines 2 of my favorite things, sewing and tv. i hope this is only the beginning of this kind of thing! Needless to say, i didn't really get any work done last night. and tonight is the dental assoc. meeting that rubs and i are working, but i hope we don't get home too late, so i can get that pouch done for mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment