Oct 11, 2008

E is for Event

Last weekend I attended a great event, Stitch Rock in Delray Beach, Florida. It was my first time as a vendor there, and it was awesome. If you're in South Florida this event is totally worth tons more than the $3 entry fee!
The show was held in the Old School Gymnasium, a beautiful historic building in super-cute and quaint downtown Delray Beach. I heard about Stitch Rock last year, but the show was full by the time I signed up. So this year I jumped on early to guarantee my booth. After seeing the press and pics from last year, I knew this was a perfect event for dbD. So the game was on, all I had to do was wait.

I spent my waiting time prepping all of my items and new snazzy table decor and a brand spanking new logo (which you can see at the top of the page and on the table). Mom was my helper for the day, which was awesome, cause I couldn't have done it alone. Delray Beach is about an hour and fifteen minutes from Miami, so we got going pretty early. We arrived at 9am for setup and we were good to go. When the show opened at noon, there was a line around the block of shoppers waiting to get in. And the poured in all day. Even the afternoon rain didn't keep them away.
We did awesome at the show, but best of all I got to meet new people and make some great connections. I've even got another show coming up. Thanks to Paola from PinkGhost for letting me know about their Fun Fair. designed by Diana will be at the PinkGhost Fun Fair on November 8 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I'll be posting more info about it when it gets closer.
We also appeared in metromix.com's gallery of Stitch Rock pics. So check out the pics and see how much fun Stitch Rock was. I hope to see some of you there next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment