Sep 9, 2009

R is for Remastered and Rockband too

At last the day has arrived. 9.9.09! Yeah it's cool cause it's all nines, but that't not why I'm so excited. Today is what I have dubbed Beatles Day! The Beatles are exploding all over again today for a new generation to get to know and love them.

A lot of the hype has been about the new Beatles Rockband coming out. And let me tell you, from what I've seen of it, it looks awesome. The limited edition set comes with Beatles style drum set and guitar. And you can also now do three-part harmony just like the Fab Four. Unfortunately I don't have a gaming system, but I can't wait to play it with someone who does!

Also coming out today is the newly remastered Beatles catalog. The new Beatles remastered set has every album the Beatles released (in mono and stereo) plus the singles, a new DVD and tons of new Beatles pics. I can't wait to hear these songs that have been remastered from the original tapes.

Now I've read a lot about these releases, and seen those that rebuff the Beatles. But just a little history to put them in perspective. They are the first boy band. You see the girls that screamed about the New Kids on the Block, N*Sync or the Jonas Brothers? Those girls are just copying what our mothers did for the Beatles. Ever hear feedback on a rock song? Yup, The Beatles did it first. They combined world music instruments (the sitar) into their pop songs before anyone else did it.

And you've probably heard more Beatles songs than you even realize. "Hey Jude," "Hello, Goodbye," "Yesterday," "All You Need Is Love," "Can't Buy Me Love," they are all iconic rock songs made by this one band. There are so many more that are recognizable I can't even list them all.

Needless to say, I was raised in a Beatles household. When my parents got married they each had the album (on vinyl) of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. My brothers are musicians and love The Beatles and I do too. So go out there if you haven't already and listen to those lads from Liverpool. Listen to rock n' roll history being made!

P.S. My fave Beatles albums are Revolver and Rubber Soul. My fave songs are "Blackbird" and "In My Life." Let me know what your favorite Beatles songs and albums are!

No comments:

Post a Comment