Aug 24, 2011

Cute baby stuff

... for my soon to be niece!

One of my best friends, Kristina, is having a little girl. So I went up to see her in Orlando for the baby shower a couple of weeks ago.

When Kris and I started talking about the shower she asked me for something. She wanted me to maker her a new baby bag. So after some online browsing and finding the right fabric, I made her this. It's HUGE and so roomy inside. It's got tons of pockets to keep all that baby stuff handy, plus since it's all cotton, it's totally washable. And it's sure to say that no one else will have this bag! Gotta love custom handmade!

Now I couldn't just make the bag, my new niece needed a cute outfit too. So using my Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Sewing, I made the baby kimono in this great bright print.

The little bows are too cute for words. And since it called for bias binding, I was in luck, since I always have some extra rolling around my studio.

Now we girls know that no outfit is complete without a pair of shoes. And the Martha Stewart felt booties are the easiest things to whip up and so freaking cute. I think she might get a few more pairs before she's ready for big girl shoes!

I had a few other projects that I wasn't able to finish up before the shower, but I'll have them done soon.

And I hope to post some pics of the shower too, since I hosted it and I have to say it was awfully cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment