Dec 31, 2011

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 things about me!

While 2011 is wrapping up, I'm taking Craft:'s call to share my 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 things. So here goes:

One Project You Are Particularly Proud Of
Without a doubt Handmade Miami! I never thought I'd be part of starting a craft group here in Miami, but I'm so glad I did. I still can't believe that in under 2 years it has turned into what it has become. It's given me the chance to teach my craft and learn from so many others. Plus I've met some great people and have made some truly awesome friends. Crafty friends are awesome, they just get you!


Two Mistakes You've Made in the Past
1. Doing the wrong kind of craft shows. I've signed up for tons and some are great and some are not. Now, after all of the experience of doing so many, I can tell which ones are a good fit for me. Without doing the bad shows I would never know what the good ones are though.
2. I gave myself a lovely cut along my thigh while rotary cutting on my bed and accidentally leaving the blade open. I didn't even notice til I saw blood. Thankfully, it wasn't too bad (and I didn't bleed on the fabric). I've learned now to always close the rotary cutter between cuts!!

Three Things That Make Your Work Unique
 1. The retro vibe
2. Bright colors and fun prints

3. Great quality. I make my stuff to be as good or better than store bought.

Four Tools You Love to Use
1. my sewing machine, "Sewphia"

 2. rotary cutter
 
3. my bias tape maker! best machine ever

4. a sharpened dowel (for turning out straps)

Five Inspirations
1. The show Mad Men. The awesome 60s fashions are just amazing... and I can't get enough of Joan, Peggy or Don Draper!

2. Fabric. I have an entirely too huge stash of it just waiting to be worked on. When I see a cool print I just have to have it.

3. Pinterest. I've become a pinning queen. I have an entire board dedicated to "crafty tutorials I will complete one day."

4. Blogs. I read all kinds of blogs: fashion, food, craft, makeup, just general, but they all inspire me. Seeing what others are doing and/or making really inspires me to get out there and do it too.

5. Old pictures. I have tons of old pics of the family. These pics are awesome real-life inspiration. The fashions and hairstyles are so amazing.

5.4.3.2.1. things about... 

So that's my 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 things...  Grab the button and add your 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 to your blog too!

No comments:

Post a Comment