Apr 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Most of my work in progress this week is laundry and my half packed suitcase. But I did finish up my last week's WIP.

Here's my dress! I didn't have time to make my own pattern with grandma (she had a lot of work come in), so I scoured my pattern boxes to find a pattern that would work. I used New Look 6557. I had this pattern forever and it wasn't even cut out. It had the same straps as the Sundress of My Life, and after really looking at the fabric, I thought the buttons would be overkill. So I went with View E and made the skirt way shorter.

Grandma did help me with a few alterations the dress needed. She helped me put in some bust darts, cause the top was just too gaping without them. She also helped me adjust the "talle" in the back (I have no idea what this is called in English, but it's the length of the back). After those few adjustments, it fit like a glove.

The dress was pretty easy to make, and I'm probably gonna make one of the other views too. It really does have a vintage vibe with the fabric and the silhouette. I can't wait to wear it and show it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment