Sep 17, 2012

A day at the ballpark

Yesterday, I went to my first baseball game at the new Marlins Ballpark. I had gone to tons of games when they were held at Joe Robbie Stadium (I know the place has a different name now, but I always call it Joe Robbie), but I had never been to the new ballpark, so I was excited to check it out.

I headed to the ballpark with grandma. One of her sisters-in-law had an extra ticket, and I got one to go with them and check out the new stadium. It was a rainy day, but that was no matter, cause the Marlins Ballpark has a retractable roof.

We got inside the new air-conditioned ball park about 20 minutes before the first pitch, so I wasn't able to explore too much, but what I was able to see was great. There are tons of new and different food vendors, including sushi, Sir Pizza (a local pizza place), and the usual stuff--hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts and cracker jacks. Grandma wanted some nachos and coke, so I got those for her and made it back to our seats just as the game was starting.

We had a great view of the field, and I don't know if it's because the stadium is still so new, but the seats were really roomy. Unfortunately the Marlins lost, but we did get to see some really good plays. There's nothing like seeing your team score live. It's so much more exciting than watching it on TV.

I even sported my Marlins orange (well maybe not that bright). Grandma and I had a great Sunday at the ballpark. We'll definitely be back next year, hopefully when the Marlins will actually be winning.

Have you been to any sporting events lately? Or have you checked out a new venue in your area?

No comments:

Post a Comment