Mar 4, 2013

A Miami winter day


We don't get these days very often in Miami. When I left the house this morning it was 46 degrees. It's warmed up to a balmy 52 now. These days are few and far between in this tropical paradise, so on days when the mercury does reach these lows, we come out in full force. Everyone brings out that cute sweater they bought two years ago and have worn 3 times (yes, I'm totally wearing mine today, and the boot socks I thought I'd never use).

I love these "Miami winter" days. I'm sure next week it'll be up to 80 again before we know it, but I like the slightly cold, not humid air. Now, I don't know if I could hack it for a real winter, but these mini-winters are just perfect for me. The only thing that would make them better is if it actually happened for Christmas or even New Years. Oh well, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment