Jul 15, 2013

A rainy weekend

Thanks to the remnants of Tropical Storm Chantal, it was a rainy weekend here in Miami. It may have been raining on and off, but I was able to get a little bit of everything done.


Saturday morning it wasn't raining yet, so I was able to get in my run. I'm officially training for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon now. I'm still in shock about it, but the run wasn't too bad this week. Later that afternoon, I got my nails done. Then Saturday night I headed out with some friends to see Despicable Me 2. Those minions are hilarious.

Sunday was making stuff day. I headed out to JoAnn's to get some fabric for a few projects I need to make for myself. And I also grabbed a few fabrics that were too cute to pass up and even a few for the shop. I'm starting to make new stock for the store, so that should be ready to go soon.

I also had an order from a co-worker to recreate the cupcakes I made last week. I gladly obliged and spent all afternoon baking and watching a marathon of The Newsroom.

It was a pretty busy weekend, but it was nice to be able to get so much done.

What did you do this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. We know the rain sucked!!! Hardly did anything this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, we ran that half-marathon last year. If we could do it, you could too! Something magical happens that day and you just get it done! As long as you train, you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just good to hear that other people have survived a half marathon too. It gives me hope that I can do it!

      Delete