The theme was "Aiming for Awesome" and if we didn't have our sights set on being awesome, they sure are there now.
I learned tons about making my blog work and making it even better. I heard talks from people all over the blog world from comedy to fashion, fitness to DIY.
- From Pat Williams (keynote speaker): "When your greatest talent intersects with your greatest passion, you've hit your sweet spot."
- From Katy Widrick: first impressions are important.
- From J's Everyday Fashion: It is possible to do it.
- From Julie of The Little Kitchen: Create a tribe. It's all about building relationships.
- From Adam Avitable: Don't be afraid to be yourself.
- From Katie of Katie's Cucina and Sew Woodsy: Charge what it's worth.
- From Pam of Marketing Nutz: You are the media!
FL Blog Con also had great sponsors and tons of goodies throughout the day. There was coffee from Barnies (though a little cafecito instead of just American coffee would have been great!) And thesr was also lunch from Bahama Breeze. After all the sessions ended there was also a great after party right in the Full Sail backlot. It was great to be able to listend to some cool music, have some food and drinks and best of all, yummy cupcakes.
I can't wait til next year, so I can learn even more and meet more cool bloggers. A big thanks goes out to Bess and the whole planning committee, for putting together such an amazing event!