Feb 11, 2014

Dulce de Leche cupcakes

It's birthday time around these parts, and I knew exactly the cupcakes that I wanted to make Damaris, it had to be dulce de leche!


I whipped up this new flavor of cupcake with Damaris in mind. Anything involving dulce de leche (or leche condensada for that matter) is high on her list of loves. I made a vanilla cake, filled with dulce de leche topped with buttercream and a dulce de leche drizzle, it was just perfect for this sweets-loving girl.



I was also dying to use my new dessert ferris wheel, but alas, the cupcakes were a little too big to fit inside. I'll have to figure out something for next time.


I thought the dulce de leche filling might overwhelm the cupcake with sweetness, but it was just enough to give the dulce de leche flavor, without being cloyingly sweet. The cupcakes were a great surprise for the birthday girl and she loved her personal flavor.


Nothing says happy birthday like a cupcake. And these were a total hit!


If you could pick any cupcake flavor for your birthday, what would it be?

2 comments:

  1. wow I am trying not to lick the screen!! Hmm I think I would go with....dark chocolate sea salt and peanut butter. Yup seen it at a place here...looks heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! I'll have to add it to my "must bake" list.

      Delete