Jun 18, 2014

Slip Sew-Along

I needed to get back to my poor neglected sewing machine, and I wanted a fun project that was just for me. So I decided to do join in on Gertie's Slip Sew-Along for her new vintage-inspired lingerie pattern by Butterick.



The pattern is Butterick Patterns 6031*. It has variations for a camisole, full slip and panties. The sew along is for the slip and panties. I had ordered the supply kit from Gertie's etsy store, so I had everything I needed, or so I thought.


I cut into my new fabric (for some reason, I just hate cutting into a new cut of fabric), and was all ready to go until I noticed that I didn't have any stretch needles. Now I've attempted to sew on stretch fabrics before without a stretch needle and it just makes for a frustrating time with lots of skipped stitches. So, I headed to the store to get some stretch needles* for my machine.


Once I got my needles I was ready to start sewing. Gertie's instructions made it really easy to figure out the construction of the slip. It was a lot easier than I had thought. And thank goodness she made a video for the straps. It was so much easier to understand while seeing it being done.


And here it is... my very own vintage inspired slip! I still have to make the panties as part of the sew-along, but I don't think you need to be seeing my undies on here.


Have you ever done a sew along? Or sewn lingerie?

*post contains Amazon Affliate links

No comments:

Post a Comment