Mar 2, 2015

Princess Half Marathon Weekend Recap: Part 1

It all came too quickly and before I knew it, Friday morning had arrived and it was time to head to Orlando for the Princess Half Marathon weekend.

Now, the costumes (which I totally started early!) ran a little late, so that had me going a bit crazy on Thursday night and Friday morning. But I got in my mani, and a few last minute errands, and finally packed up my car and was off. Disney World here I come.

I got to the hotel, Pop Century, and headed to my room. I bought my stuff into the room, and as I was waiting for Kris, was able to relax a bit and grab a snack. Then she arrived and we headed to the expo. I think this is the earliest we've ever been able to head to the expo, and it was great to be able to shop calmly.

We got our bibs and shirts, and then headed to the Run Disney booth for the official merchandise. Grabbed my magnet and was about to get my "I Did It" shirt, but I saw that there were NO "I Did It" shirts for the Glass Slipper?! I asked and they told me that these had sold out the day before, the first day of the expo. I was so sad, I wanted my shirt so bad. Ever since seeing the one from last year with both maps on the back. I got another glass slipper shirt, and we went on to shop some more. Thankfully, we had a little bubbly, which helped a bit.

Kris and I headed to get some last minute costume supplies and then had some dinner. Eddie and the kids met up with us. The kids were running the next morning, so we all headed back to the hotel so we could get some sleep. Well, mostly me, since I was the only one with a 3am wakeup call!

I woke up in the dark and then quietly got ready as the kids and Kris & Ed slept. It was a cold morning, so I didn't don my wings, cause I had no idea how to get them on. Plus, I figured if it did get warmer, it would be hard to get off my jacket and the wings.

The bus line wasn't too bad, and before I knew it I was getting walking towards the bag check. It was really cold, so I huddled with some people by the heaters, and then it was time to get in the corrals. I headed to my corral, and knew I was in for a long wait.

For some reason the 10k corrals at Disney have about a 15 minute wait between each. It takes forever to get started. Since I was in corral D, it was about an hour after the start of the race. Then finally, I was off.

Anna and Elsa made the first appearance, as usual, and the snow seemed so much more real with the cold! Right after the first mile marker, I saw Tinkerbelle! I knew I had to stop to get a pic. She was one of the first, I think maybe the second, character stop, so her line was a little long, but I needed a picture with her.

Finally, it was time to go back into Epcot and through the World Showcase. I love this part of the course, cause you get to run through so many countries.

I took a few mid-race selfies too. Here I am with Spaceship Earth in the background.

And I couldn't resist a "Parisian" selfie.

Then a jaunt through the Boardwalk and Beach Club and we were back in Future World and the finish line was just around the corner. I crossed, and part 1 of the Glass Slipper Challenge was done.

And I managed to finish a whole 5 minutes faster than the year before at the Enchanted 10k. My best RunDisney 10k time to date. Plus, some very pretty bling!

After the race, I waited to get a pic with Cinderella, but by the time I got to the front of the line, they swapped her out for Snow White. Oh well, I'll take it anyway.

Then it was off to watch Veronica and Xander in the kid's races. They both rocked it in their Vanellope Von Schweetz and Wreck-It Ralph costumes. But, they are so used to doing 5ks already, that they said the dashes were too short. I guess they'll be doing the 1 mile next time!

After a morning full of races, we headed back to the hotel to grab some breakfast and rest a bit.

... I'll post part 2, the half marathon soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment