Sep 19, 2018

Unicorn Cake

I still need to catch you up with all of the cakes I've made! And this one was really a masterpiece, if I do say so myself.

It's the UNICORN CAKE!

It was for my friend's little girl's first birthday. This kid is getting spoiled with all of the cakes her mom dreams up for me to make her.


Mom, my fondant expert took care of making the horns and the ears. She used fondant and then colored it with gold food coloring. She made them a few days in advance to give it time to harden.


I got to the baking. The cake was vanilla, but it had to be unicorn-y, so I added color to each layer. This was the first time I was doing this, but you can't go wrong with that Wilton color. It makes the colors vibrant and doesn't water down the batter.

And then I had a bunch of frosting in all the different colors to make the unicorn's mane. The key here is really making it all random, harder than it seems for me, but I got the hang of it.


We assembled the cake when we went to drop it off. It was HEAVY! The bottom layer had the same colors, but was covered in gold sprinkles. I drew on the eyes with a paintbrush and some black food color, and we put in the ears and horn and piped in some more flowers to bring it all together.


And you just can't beat the look of those colors all together in one cake. I love how bright and fun it looks together.


Another cake challenge thrown down, and another cake challenge conquered.

1 comment:

  1. How would you like your cake to be delivered to you or your loved ones? Feel free to choose your favorite shaped Unicorn Pinata Cake. You can also add a personalized message for the perfect birthday or anniversary celebration. It’s time to make modifications as you desire for the best.

    ReplyDelete