Dec 30, 2008

J is for Jolly

I LOVE Christmas! And this year I did make some gifts, but opted not to make all of them just to save my own sanity.

This year I planned ahead and had all of my gift ready to go with a full week before christmas. I even managed to finish up the gifts I was making before leaving to Noche Buena dinner on the 24th. That was a HUGE accomplishment for me! Especially, since I was having some overnight guests that night. Somehow it all managed to get done, the house cleaned, the gifts wrapped and me all cute.

Here's me and Abuela on Noche Buena (Christmas Eve). Abuela makes the best pork for Christmas. And it was as delicious as ever this year. A plate of rice and beans and pork and I was set. If I can only have one thing for Christmas, it would definitely be Abuela pork. Though nothing can replace Abuelo's whole pork cooked in the "Caja China." It was an all day event for him to get the pork cooked, but man was it worth it. Needless to say, for me, it's just not Christmas without pork.

Here's my Christmas tree. I got a new pre-lit tree this year and it's the best. Not having to deal with putting on the lights just made it so much faster. I tend to get allergies, so a real tree is out of the question in my house, plus I'm sure the animals would just have too much fun with a real tree. I definitely have a red, green and silver theme to my decor, but I do put up some special ornaments that we've collected over the years. This year's special edition, was the Starship Enterprise (yes from Star Trek). It even lights up. I put it prominently on the tree, cause it was just too cute.

We had a great Christmas this year, and I hope you all had a great holiday too, no matter what you celebrate! And may 2009 bring you lots of luck and joy, health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment