Mar 13, 2011

Crafty Overload

I know I haven't posted on here in a few days, but I've been crafting and planning to craft like crazy!

I don't know if I mentioned this, but back in June, along with a few crafty friends, we founded Handmade Miami. We started out at the Miami Etsy Party last June, which Vanessa and I planned. Frances and Julie (of Mindy and Lola) were there and we decided that it would be great to get the Miami handmade community together. So with that, we started Handmade Miami. We have monthly Crafter-noons and are planning an Etsy Business Workshop in a few weeks and will also be doing some volunteer work at Miami Children's Hospital soon too. A few weeks ago we even did our first crafty party. The group is growing and growing and it's so exciting to see it all happen so fast! (This cute pic was taken at our Crafty Picnic Crafter-noon this past Saturday (L to R: Frances, Vanessa, me and Julie)

I'm also getting ready for the Odd Duck Indie Craft Fair on April 9th. This show is in its second year and looks like it'll be even better than the first. So the sweatshop has been in full effect getting ready for that too. I'm working on lots more aprons and lunchboxes. I'm also trying to get together a new display to go along with my cute new logo. I just hope I have time to do it all!

What's making this all a little harder than usual, besides the lack of time, was the fact that I moved my craft room recently. I've been slowly trying to put it all back together and get it organized, but it's still pretty crazy in there. And later this week we will be starting a remodel in the kitchen, so my KitchenAid and a bunch of other kitchen stuff has been creeping in. But I have great ideas for my new craft room, and I'll post pics as soon as I can get it all done.

Well looks like it's about time to get back into the sweatshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment