Apr 16, 2011

Odd Duck Bazaar 2011

Now that my internet is back, I can finally tell you about the great show I did last weekend. It was the second annual Odd Duck Bazaar hosted by the Hollywood Craft Mafia. This was a great show that I attended last year, and am so happy to have been a vendor this year.

Odd Duck was held in the Old Davie School. It's a historic building in Davie, Florida (near Ft. Lauderale) and it was a great location. There were three shopping areas, the upstairs area, a downstairs area, and outside under the tent. And then the tiki hut was where the food and DIY area was. All of the spaces had great vendors. I was in the upstairs area and had some great neighbors, Sherry from Annie's Cupboards and Tiffany from Pumpkin Pye Boutique. The upstairs room was nice and bright with all of its large windows, but best of all was air-conditioned. I really appreciated it in the South Florida springtime.

With my trusty assistant, Mom, we set up the booth. I got some new stuff for my booth set up, to go along with my new banner with the new logo on it. We hung up all the aprons and before you knew it the customers started pouring in. The line was pretty long full of customers waiting to get in. And they didn't stop coming in all afternoon!

I got a chance to walk around the show a bit to go around and see all of my crafty friends. It was so nice to see so many of them in person instead of on Facebook. As I walked around I got compliments on my hair. I did it up in some big victory rolls to get that 40s look. And even with all that humidity, my hair held up pretty well.

I do have to say that one of my favorite customers of the day was my friend Vanessa's little girl, Sophia. Sophie loved her apron and spent lots of time checking herself out in the mirror, twirling around. She was so cute! And she looked adorable in her apron, that even matched the headband she was wearing.

It was a great show and I have to give a huge thank you once again to the Hollywood Craft Mafia for putting on such a great show. I had a great time, hung out with some great people and met some great new ones too. I can't wait til next year's Odd Duck! If you are in the South Florida area, sign up to the Odd Duck newsletter to find out when next year's show will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment