Jun 17, 2011

Catch up post... birthdays and beaches

I've been a slacking blogger! I've just been so crazy busy the last couple of weeks, I haven't had a moment to site and blog about the insanity.

First off, I'm sad to say that my craft room hasn't improved. But there is a really good reason. Last Friday, June 10th, I along with my Handmade Miami chicas hosted Etsy Craft Party and Handmade Miami's 1st Birthday Party! It was so great to have new people come out and share their love of craft. But it was just amazing to realize that Handmade Miami is one year old. We've done so much in one short year and we've really made the handmade community in Miami come together.
the HMM chicas

The day right after that was one of my best friend's birthdays. We went to the mall to get a new outfit and along with some friends we took the fabulous Melissa out to dinner for her birthday. Meli is all about doing her own nail art, so if you want to see her nail creations and recommendations, check out her blog, Meli's Fabulous Nails.
the fabulous birthday girl

And today, June 17th we did a community service project at work. We spent the day cleaning up a beach. It was great to give back and even though it was really, really hot, you can't complain when this is your view at work. But now I am dead tired! Man that sun can really zap your energy.

And in between all of that I've been planning something for Handmade Miami. It's pretty big and super exciting. It's gonna get really hectic around here really fast, but in a good way. As soon as I can spill the beans about the good news I will (and trust me I'm dying to tell everyone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment