Feb 24, 2012

Friday Faves 2

It's been a short work week with the holiday on Monday, but it's been jam-packed. Plus, tomorrow is Crafter-noon day with Handmade Miami, so I have to prep for that tonight. I feel like I haven't stopped all week.

But even with all of the craziness, I did find some awesome stuff this week. Check it out:

I so want this planner. It's adorable and the inside is even cuter. Plus it's undated, so you can start using it whenever you want.


picture from stitchalicious.com
How awesome is this cross stitch graffiti? Why bother with a can of spray paint when you can stitch it instead! You can get the patterns her in her etsy shop, Stitchalicious Design.


picture from Vulture
Everyone is all about Downton Abbey lately, so get in on it with the Downton Abbey paper dolls from Vulture. (Now I haven't started watching Downton Abbey yet, but Mom has and she's hooked.)


image
This is a must read for everyone. As someone who had seamstress-made clothing for the majority of my life, you think this would have been an assumption, but it still left me shocked.

picture from Que Linda Crafts
I love this new take on string art. I totally remember doing string art in elementary school art class with Sister Mary Ellen. This just takes it to a whole new level. I have to make one soon!


Geeks vs Hipsters
From: BecomeCareer.com
Geeks and hipsters can easily be confused. This infographic from Geeks are Sexy is hilarious and so true. (For the record, I'm a geek. These glasses are necessary, not just for looks.)


picture from dog under my desk
As some one whose earbuds are always a tangled mess, this little earbud pouch would sure come in handy. Erin posted this great tutorial on how to make it. (You may see this on an upcoming WIP Wednesday.)





This video on "How to Look Like Ryan Gosling" is hilarious. And this guy kinda does look like him. P.S. I still think Ryan should have been nominated for an Oscar this year!


And finally, 13 Things About Your Childhood You Never Realized That Will Blow Your Mind. I didn't think it would blow my mind but it did. I feel like I have been deceived for years. (I'm not even posting a pic for this one, so your mind can be blown when you read it.)

And don't forget Sunday is Oscar Sunday! I'll have a fashion wrap up for you on Monday. I can't wait to see the red carpet and who'll be taking home Oscar!

1 comment: