Feb 22, 2012

Work In Progress Wednesday

Since I always seem to have at least 2 or 3 works in progress going on, I figured I'd share some of my WIPs on Wednesdays with you. (Plus I figure it'll get my butt in gear to actually finish some of them.) This week I have 2 WIPs.

I've been trying to tackle some of the projects in my Pinterest "crafty tutorials I will complete one day" board. One of the pins I've had on there forever is this dressform pincushion from the DIY Dish. I fianlly decided on the fabric I was gonna use (from my plentiful stash). I cut out all the pattern pieces and everything is ready for assembly. I hope I can at least sew it together tonight. I want to take this mini-dressform to my office to decorate my cubicle (especially since I'm moving into a new cubicle today).

Project #2 this week is a costume for a soon to be one-year-old. Her name is Alice and she'll be celebrating her 1st birthday with an Alice in One-derland theme. I won't be able to make it to her party, so as her gift I'm making her this Alice costume she can wear at the party. The dress was an adapted pattern, which came together pretty quick, but the apron was pretty much from scratch. I'm not used to making such a small apron, so it's taking some trial and error.

That's all the stuff that's half done in my studio this week.Do you have any projects that are works in progress?

1 comment:

  1. my entire LIFE is a work in progress! ;)

    that costume is going to be SO cute when you're through with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete