May 11, 2012

Friday faves 13

This week seems to have dragged on more than usual this time, but maybe that's just because I'm so looking forward to the weekend. I have a Mother's Day lunch with Mom, Grandma and all the aunts on Saturday, then on Sunday I'm making dinner for Mom and Grandma.


picture from Amanda's Parties To Go
This Mother's Day Brunch and downloadable printables is so fresh and pretty. It'd would be a great way to show Mom how awesome she is this weekend.


picture from Fit Foodie Finds
I love caprese anything and everything. This quinoa caprese salad looks so yummy. I'll have to make it one of these days.


picture from Everyday Celebrations
This yardage conversion chart is so handy! I'm gonna print one for my sewing room and one for my purse, so I have it handy when fabric shopping.


picture from Gertie's Blog for Better Sewing
Gertie's post about the ease in patterns is a total must read for anyone trying to make clothes from patterns. I even learned a few trick that will help me next time I make some clothes.


picture from moonthirty
How great is this idea to make your own serger thread spools? Now you don't have to buy 3 or 4 of the same color, you can just put some thread on your homemade spools.


picture from Hazel & Agnes
I love me some cat's eye glasses and these downloadable notecards show off the adorable frames. You can print them in any of these colors and it includes the envelopes too!


picture from Ella Gajewska Hats
How amazing is this peacock hat? I wish I had somewhere fabulous to go so I could wear this fantabulous creation!



And a shout out goes out to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. She went makeup-less this week and everyone was in shock. Well guess what, sometimes she wants to put on her glasses and not wear makeup, and she, like the rest of us, has every right to. Check out this article discussing why this even became a topic in the news this week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. And show your mommas some love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment