Jun 4, 2012

My weekend: Pop, mani and muffins

This weekend was pretty chill, but it was great. Especially since the next couple of weekends have two birthday parties each. This week I started with my first June birthday, Pop's.

Pop checking out the towering onion rings
Friday night we went to Cadillac Ranch to celebrate Pop's birthday. We had a good time, but the place was packed becasue of the Heat game that night. Check out that tower of onion rings we had as an appetizer!
 
my mani
Saturday I chilled at home, but then went to use my Groupon for a mani pedi at this new nail place by my house, Christie Pea Nail Spa. This place was so nice. It was modern and super cute, not like most nail places that are packed and super noisy. This really was relaxing. I got a great manicurist and feel all prettified now.


Yesterday, after my groceries, I attempted to make these Strawberry Shortcake Muffins, I found on Pinterest. This is a healthy recipe that swaps out oats for the flour. It was a mission to get them all mixed up in the blender (next time I'll use the food processor). When I pulled them out of the oven, I was pleasantly surprised at how pretty they were, but the insides were still a little underdone. I may give these another try. They smell so good, I want to be able to share these!

No comments:

Post a Comment