Aug 2, 2012

Reunited and it feels so good

Finally, I got back into my craft room and made a little project with Sewphia, my trusty sewing machine. The last time I sewed on her was at the Crafter-noon last month, but that's just not the same as being in the comfort of my own craft room.


I decided when I got home tonight I would go and make something, anything, just to get back into the sewing kick. So I printed out the pattern for this eye mask that I had listed on my Friday Faves last week (and was also in my Pinterest "crafty tutorials I will completed one day" folder) and got to work.

The hardest part, as always, was picking out the fabric, but other than that this project came together super easily and was finished in no time. The grey fabric on the back is so soft it'll be nice to have against my eyes. For a minute I thought I didn't have elastic, but then living with another seamstress has the advantages of having tons of notions hidden away someplace in the house. So I found some black elastic that was perfect and off I went.

I'm hoping that this little project last night will kick start me into getting into some bigger projects this weekend. I'm thinking I may need to make myself a new purse... and a skirt... and possibly a little bag tutorial I just found for the trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment