First, let's start off with the trends on the carpet.
There was color on the carpet, and one of the hot colors of the night was coral.
Marion Cotillard in DiorThis color is amazing, but the dress is just weird. If she wouldn't have said it was Dior, I could have sworn it was Lanvin because of the unshapely draping. The length was also very strange.
Rosario DawsonI love this color, but this dress just doesn't look right on Rosario. She seems to just have too much boobs for this dress. It would have worked better for her strapless or with some cleavage.
Jessica Chastain in Calvin KleinThis color looks stunning on Jessica. The dress is different, but still classic and her jewels and hair finished off the look perfectly.
The other big trend on the carpet was lace.
Amanda SeyfriedThis lace gown is not my favorite. And I think the dress might have a fared better if Amanda would have picked up her hair, so we could really see the neckline of the dress.
Megan Fox in Dolce & GabbanaThis gown is beautiful on Megan. The combination of the lace and the ruching on the bodice gives the dress interest, but isn't too much. And this is the right way to do a mermaid silhouette, the skirt is not super tight, but just body skimming.
Amy Adams in MarchesaThis lace dress is just too close in color to Amy's sking. She needs to take a hint from fellow redhead Jessica Chastain wear some color to highlight her hair and fair complexion.
And the couples were out on the carpet in full force too.
Daniel Craig in Tom Ford & Rachel Weisz in Louis VuittonJames Bond is looking dapper as ever, but I'm not a huge fan of Rachel Weisz's dress. The half solid half sheer skirt doesn't work for me and it looks like she just never got this hemmed.
Emily Blunt in Michael Kors & John KrasinskiI have to say this is my favorite couple of the night. Emily's lace gown with waist cutouts was perfect and Jim Halpert is looking great in his tux.
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler in Armani PriveClooney is still with Stacy Keibler. I was shocked! I loved her simple Armani Prive gown, but wish she would have done something with that hair.
Jon Hamm & Jennifer WestfeldtI just love Jon Hamm, and in a tux even better. His long time girlfriend Jennifer Westfeldt looks great in her gown too. I love the color too, it looks like a deep purple.
Helena Bonham Carter & Tim BurtonHelena and Tim are always the wacky ones on the carpet, but this time they kept it classic. Helena's hair and lips purse were the only out of the ordinary things in the outfit. I actually liked her lace dress. Tim also kept it classic with his tux and long tie.
Nicole Kidman in Alexander McQueen & Keith Urban in PradaNicole Kidman finally got back on the fashion train. This Alexander McQueen was definitely fashion forward. And it was so nice to see Nicole wearing something other than white and nude.
Kate Capshaw & Steven SpeilbergKate and Steven embody elegance. They look like a classic Hollywood pair.
Pauletta & Denzel WashingtonDenzel brought his daugther as his date to the Globes. She looked super cute and Denzel was ever the proud Dad showing off his little girl.
Here we go, the best and worst on the carpet. First, the best dressed men:
5. Eric StonestreetThis guy always flips me out on the carpet, cause he does such a great job being the flamboyant Cam on Modern Family, it's weird to see him so normal. But he did the red carpet right in a classic tux. And the higher set button on his jacket slimmed him down. Great call.
4. Bradley CooperI have a love/hate relationship with Bradley Cooper. I think he's adorable and he's probably a great guy, but the characters he played in Wedding Crashers and The Hangover taint my perception of him. But I'm warming up to Bradley. And him looking this good on the carpet really helps (so does the slightly tousled hair).
3. Eddie RedmayneThis is Eddie's first big red carpet and he did it right. The velvet jacket totally works and so does the slim cut of his tux.
2. Christoph WaltzYou gotta love Christoph. This guy is crazy talented and he's the true epitome of class. I'm glad he finally got rid of that beard and now he's really strutting his stuff.
1. Hugh Jackman with wife Deborra Lee-FurnessHe's Wolverine, and now Jean Valjean. Hugh Jackman is nothing short of amazing. He looked ready to go grab his Golden Globe tonight. Winners just look better, what can I say!
And the best dressed women:
Honorable Mention: Claire Danes in VersaceThis red dress looks amazing on Claire. The gathering at the waist gave just the right amount of detailing. And Claire looks amazing for having had a baby only a month ago!
5. Anne Hathaway in ChanelAnne looks stunning and fresh in this white Chanel. The simplicity of this dress looks great with her growing out pixie cut.
4. Carla GuginoI have a total girl crush on Carla Gugino. And this gown just looks amazing on her. It looks like chain maile wrapping around her body, amazing and so original.
3. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute CoutureJennifer is wearing one of the hot colors of the night, coral. And this gorgeous Dior Haute Couture gown was beautiful on her. The architectural details on the bodice and the belt gave a great new twist on a ballgown.
2. Olivia Munn in ArmaniI totally did not expect this from Olivia Munn, but she cleans up good. The bodice of this sleek Armani gown is beaded with chunky turquoise beads. Totally unique, but very glam.
1. Lucy Liu in Carolina HerreraLucy Liu wins the night in this floral ballgown. The best gowns tonight were classic with a twist, and this is totally classic with a twist. Feminine and pretty, Lucy offset the gown with a long fishtail braid. Stunning.
Now, the really fun stuff. The worst dressed men:
5. Jim ParsonsThe ever lovable Jim Parsons really doesn't have much working for him, except the fact that the tux is black. The double breasted, shawl collar is just not working. And it looks like the jacket is just too small for him.
4. Kunal NayyarAnother Big Bang member is on the worst list. Here it's all just messy. The tux looks too messy and the messy hair just doesn't work either.
3. Robert PattinsonI blame Twilight for making me not like Robert Pattinson. I liked him just fine as Cedric Diggory. But the haircut and thr just regular looking suit (and the glaze of boredom in his eyes) just don't work.
2. Johnny GalekiJohnny Galeki wanted to be different with a blue suit, but then the gray vest, black shirt and grey and black tie were all just too much. Next time, just change up one thing not everything.
1. Victor Garber (with Tate Donovan)A shiny purple bow tie? Really? Were you going to the prom or to the Golden Globes?
And at long last the worst dressed women:
5. Alyssa MilanoI love the combo of tangerine and turquoise, but this dress is a shapeless mess. And to top it all off it's wrinkled.
4. Jennifer LopezThis dress is just too much. Too much sheer, too much lace. It's leaves nothing to the imagination. And let's be serious, JLo is just not one of my faves anyways.
3. Emily MortimerThis was such a disappointment. I love Emily Mortimer on The Newsroom, and I was excited to see the Newsroom girls all dressed up, since they are forever in work clothes on the show. But this dress is matronly and just not good on her. The lack of a hairdo doesn't help much either.
2. Halle Berry in Atelier VersaceI'm so disappointed in Halle. This dress looks like it belongs at the Grammys not the Globes. The leg, the shoulder and the hip cutout? Too much. But the tie-dyed printed fabric makes it all too over the top.
1. Sienna Miller in ErdemThis top and skirt combo from newbie British designer Erderm is a total disaster. Then Sienna topped it off by wearing both earrings on one ear (and the other with nothing) and almost no makeup. Where did she think she was going? I can't even think of anywhere one would wear this outfit, so I have no idea.
Well that's it from the red carpet for now. Next month is the biggie, the Oscars! I can't wait to see what everyone will be wearing then.
Tell me, who were your best and worst dressed?
pictures from People.com