May 29, 2013

Memorial Day weekend



It was great to have that long weekend, I really needed it. Seems like I was out and about a lot this weekend, it was great though.

I enjoyed some Denny's with Mom and Grandma on Saturday morning. Then that afternoon, it was mani time. I love the color combo my nail tech suggested. She always has the best ideas.

Sunday was pool day (even though that pool is still too cold for me!) and some of my cousins came over to splash around. Then Mom made BBQ ribs for dinner and my brother, his girlfriend and the kids came over to eat too. My brother's girlfriend made an amazing strawberry trifle that I must steal the recipe for.

I was able to get in some retail therapy on Monday, and then finally went to see The Great Gatsby. And I just loved it, but then I love anything Baz Luhrman does. I think he should direct the movie of my life, so there can be big colorful song and dance numbers throughout.

I wish every weekend in the summer was a three day weekend! I can't wait for the next one (which will be for my birthday!)

Did you catch any new movies this weekend?

A big thanks to all of our service men and women who have served and are currently serving our country!


No comments:

Post a Comment