Oct 23, 2013

Epcot International Food & Wine Festival

I have wanted to go to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival for a while. I had a trip planned last year, but never quite made it. With my annual Disney World pass this year I knew I had to go. And my tummy thanked me for doing it!


Kris, Eddie and I headed out to Epcot at about 5ish. We were glad we did, cause we avoided having the sun beat down on us on that hot day. Our first stop was the craft beers booth. Eddie and Kris both got a beer sample, I'm not really a beer girl, so I passed. But I did have a taste of their beers and they were good.

We got our passports and checked out what we wanted to get next. I had heard great things about Brazil, so we went there. I had the crispy pork belly with black beans. The pork belly was my favorite dish I had. I can't wait to go back and get it again.

They also had a sparkling Moscato. I love me some Moscato, and adding bubbles to something only makes it better.

Then we were off to Argentina. I got the grilled beef skewer with chimichurri and boniato puree. The beef was good (though it wasn't churrasco), but the boniato puree was great. It was so yummy, kinda like mashed potatoes, but different in the best way.

The sun began to set, and we kept walking around checking out all the countries. Eddie had a Kefta pocket (which was really good, the spices were amazing), but I don't have a picture of that. Luckily, I do have a picture in Morocco for some ambiance.

We also stopped in Japan for a california roll. I know not really, really Japanese, but it was fresh and so yummy.

We kept walking around, and finally got to my favorite country. You guessed it, France!

I got the Boeuf Bourguignon. It was so tender and the sauce was delicious and had a taste of red wine. I also got the Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush. Unfortunately it wasn't too sour. It was very sweet and I would have been better off with some wine. But it was frozen, so it was refreshing on that hot night.

We kept heading around the world and stopped in Canada. Kris got the "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroon Filet with Truffle Butter Sauce. I had a taste and it was delicious, so tender, and the mushrooms were amazing.

At this point we were stuffed and really hot, so we headed back to the house. It was a delicious time to spend at food and wine, and I can't wait to try even more things when I head back.

Next time I'll be at Epcot Food & Wine Festival will be after the half marathon. It's so crazy to think that! But I know all that delicious food and wine will be a great reward after all that running.

2 comments:

  1. Last year we ran the half marathon. It was quite the experience since it was our first one... We were so exhausted after it and Mr. Ps knee hurt after the race that we didnt stick around for the afterparty.. Good Luck on the half marathon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first one too... I'm not thinking I'll stay too long at the afterparty, but I think I will get celebratory drink!

      Delete