Nov 18, 2013

A sprinkle of love (Baby shower)

A close friend of mine is having a little girl in January, and though she didn't want a big shower, her friends and I decided we needed to at least have a little sprinkle of love for the little one.

We decided to have the sprinkle shower at a local restaurant. That way we could enjoy the party, while letting them take care of the food, and more importantly the cleanup. I did bring a few handmade touches though, to make it a little more personal.


I made some flower arrangements for the tables. We ordered pink roses and were surprised to see they came with lilies and astromelia too. They were perfect little arrangements to adorn the tables.


I had to make cupcakes, of course. Since the mom-to-be is a huge fan of my cupcakes, I knew I had to create a new flavor for her shower. I decided on raspberry white chocolate, vanilla cake with raspberry filling topped with white chocolate buttercream and I topped them off with a fresh raspberry. They were delicious, light and not overly sweet. And I finally used my pink cupcake sleeves. They were the perfect cupcake decoration for the shower.


I brought some fabric with me to help decorate the room. I used the pink and green to give the cupcake table a little touch of girly-ness. I also added some flowers to this table.


I wanted to make a little favor for the guests to take with them, and I thought my smores pops were a great idea. Just adding a little ribbon made them perfect for the occasion.


It really goes to show how a few little handmade touches can turn even the most ordinary into something really special.


I know the mommy-to-be loved the little sprinkle we gave her. It was so nice to be able to spend some time among friends celebrating the new little one that will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment