Dec 2, 2013

Decking the halls

It's finally December and Thanksgiving is done, so it was officially time to get busy decking the halls this weekend.


First, I had to deck out the Christmas tree. I went with red and gold balls and red ribbons. I also added some gold leaves and red icicles.


Then I it was time to put up our village. The village seems to keep growing and growing, but I think I may have to cut it off now, cause I have run out of places to plug them all in.


Then I prettied up the dining room table with a Christmas tablecloth and one of Mom's stuffed christmas trees, and I can't forget the snowman salt and pepper shakers.


I put the nativity set and a garland in the front entrance.


This nativity is new to us this year. It was my dear Tia Erenia's set, and after her passing last year her granddaughter brought it to us. Grandma wanted to put this one up, so I placed it right as you walk in.


I wanted to make the other side of the house festive too, so I hung wreaths on the bedroom doors.


And finally, a few wreaths on the outside doors too.


It's finally starting to feel like Christmas around here. Now, I'm just hoping for a few more days of chillier weather to make it really feel Christmas-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment