Jul 30, 2014

Sharpie mug

The sharpie mug is a craft that's been rolling around the internet for a while, but I had never given it a try. I needed a new mug for the new office, so I figured it was a perfect time to make my own sharpie mug.


I got this mug at Dollar Tree, for, you guessed it, a $1. Can't beat that. I already had sharpies at home, so all I had to do was come up with a design. Deciding what to draw was the hardest part for me.

Luckily, even though it is sharpie, you can erase. (Thank God for that!) I drew in pencil, then wiped off. Then I finally went over something in sharpie and didn't like how it came out. Just use a little rubbing alcohol and your sharpie will wipe right off of the ceramic.

I finally decided on the "drink me" tag with some little accent dots. Then I added some dots along the bottom of the mug too.


The other two sides were too empty, so I added a little dotted heart on one side.

And on the last side, a little dotted D, cause I had to initial it.

And some dots along the handle too.


After all the designs were done, I baked my mug at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I made sure to let it cool completely before using or washing it. It's best to hand-wash your mug to not mess up your design.

This was such a fun, easy project. It's not my usual craft, since I got to draw (which is not my strong point), but I liked making it. It would make a great gift for any occasion and would be good to try with kids.

Have you ever made a sharpie mug?

No comments:

Post a Comment