Aug 28, 2017

Marathon training (19 weeks out)

Still following my Shaun Week calendar this week. It's an easy long run this week, so that makes it a little better.


Monday - Speed 4.0
It was a late Shaun Week workout on eclipse day. It was tough, but I kinda like the Shaun T speed workouts.

Tuesday - 30 min run
My legs felt heavy for this one, but I got up and got it done.

Wednesday - Dig Deep & 25 Abs
Got these in the evening. Dig Deep was killer. I feel like sometimes I have more energy in the evening to really give these my all. Then I conquered abs too. They were burning.

Thursday - Ripsanity
This is hands down the hardest Shaun Week workout. But I tired to keep up the whole time and kept my weights a little heavier. I know this one will burn later, and the next day I was sore.

Friday - REST
With Grandma's birthday party the next morning, this night was all about party prep. Cake frosting and table settings.

Saturday - 5 miles
Started at 5:30am to get in the miles this week. It seemed slightly cooler, which might have been due to the massive rainstorms all night. Thankfully, it didn't rain at all while I was running. My body felt great, I think it might have to do with the rest day the previous day. My pace was really good. I was done with my run before the sun came up, which was great. I really need it to be cooler all the time.

Sunday - Yoga class
Saw the fight the night before, so it was a late night and I slept in. I had been meaning to sign up for yoga again, so I went and signed up and got in a class. It was restorative yoga, and there were plenty of hip stretches, which were amazing. Just what I needed.

Next weekend I'll be in Orlando for my long run, so I get to run with Kris!

No comments:

Post a Comment