Oct 17, 2017

12 weeks to go (marathon training)

This week was a mess. Just a hot mess. Rain, power outages, and just plain tired. Too much to do and not enough time.



Monday, October 9th - Clean Week: Core Function


This is the new workout available on Beachbody On Demand, so I had to try it out. It's a good basic workout, but it left my obliques sore


Tuesday, October 10th - REST DAY
Thought this would be my rest day for the week. Finished up some of our costumes for the party instead.


Wednesday, October 11th - Clean Week: Cardio


A little less intense than my normal cardio sessions, but still a good one.


Thursday, October 12th - Clean Week: Strength


My plan was to get in my 30 minute mid-week run and then possibly Clean Week. But when I got outside with all my gear, it started to rain. It was still dark, and I didn't want to risk the rain so I came in and did Strength. I liked this weights workout. It's basic moves, but you can always amp it up with the amount of weight you hold. It was just what I needed.


Friday, October 13th - REST
Didn't sleep since the power went out at 3am. All sorts of stuff started beeping, and I needed to get a light for Grandma. She kept hearing things and calling me, which meant I was up and down in bed. The power finally came back at 6am, but then I needed to shower and get ready to drive to Orlando. But with all of that, I did manage over 13,000 steps. A trip to Epcot helped.


Saturday, October 14th - REST
The night before we got extra party stuff for Miss V's birthday, and baked and setup. We decided to skip the morning workout to continue party prep.


Sunday, October 15th - REST
Since we partied hard, like a 6 year old would, we were beat in the morning and slept in. This meant no run, cause once the sun is up, all hope is lost.


Next week will be better. This is the first time in a long time I have worked out so little. But I think somehow my body may have needed the rest, my mind definitely it. I think the universe just made it happen to give me some rest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment