The big trend on the carpet was champagne. Lots of ladies sported this color on the carpet.
Anna Gunn in Donna Karan AtelierWhat a change from her character on Breaking Bad. Anna Gunn really looks great in the sculptural champagne gown, but I wish her earrings were a bit larger.
Naomi Watts in Tom FordNaomi looks beyond tiny in this column, but the cutouts, which you can't really see in this pic, are what really make this dress even more stunning.
There were also lots of silver gowns on the carpet.
Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair MuradKate is svelte and stunning in this form fitting silver gown. On TV she looked like she had done a little something to her face... no need Kate.
Kate Mara in J MendelThis sleek silver dress seems to mix the 20s vibe everyone is loving lately with a modern element of architectural cap sleeves.
Michelle Dockery in Oscar de la RentaIt's so weird to see Lady Mary Crawley (Michelle Dockery) in this modern, silver dress, but it's definitely a refreshing take after all the period gowns she wears on Downton Abbey.
Mila Kunis in GucciThe neck of this dress is just too fussy and the metallic top seems to heavy for Mila. She is gorgeous enough on her own.
Sarah Paulson in MarchesaI love the color, but the tiered skirt of this dress makes it look a little ballerina-ish. That combined with the shorter length make it feel a little too young for her. But the soft smokey eyes really are spot on for the color of the gown.
Tatiana Maslany in Jenny PackhamThis simple 20s inspired look is pretty and perfect for the Globes. It doesn't look too overly fussy, but the silver gives it the perfect hint of glamour.
Color blocked gowns were also hot on the carpet.
Sandra Bullock in Prabal GurungThis dress is totally all over the place. I love the idea of the color blocking, but these colors and the high-low hem just don't work for me.
Taylor Swift in Carolina HerreraTaylor kept it classic with a red and black color combo, you can't go wrong with that. I do wish she filled out the top a bit more.
Hayden Panettiere in Tom FordThis sleek dress is made more interesting with the white color blocking throughout the bottom. It's a great crisp look for the Nashville star.
The other big trend on the carpet was the baby bump. Seems like Hollywood is dressing up the next generation in style.
Olivia Wilde in Gucci PremiereOlivia was totally rocking her baby bump in this form-fitting, emerald Gucci.
Drew Barrymore in
Kerry Washington inTrue to Olivia Pope form, Kerry is looking stunning in white. I wasn't a big fan of the flyway top, but it kind of grew on me.
Some made it a family affair at the Globes.
Emma Thompson in and daughter, Gaia WiseI wish Emma's dress was floor length, and maybe sleeveless, it's a bit matronly. But I'm really loving her hair.
Kyra Sedgewick in J Mendel, Sosie Bacon, and Kevin BaconKyra and Kevin are so proud to have their daughter, Sosie, as this year's Miss Golden Globe. Once she makes it big, there will be less degrees to get to Kevin Bacon.
Now onto the best dressed. First, the men:
4. Aaron EckheartHe went with the long tie, which not many others did, but he looked good doing it.
3. Chris Hemsworth in Dolce & Gabbana with Elsa Pataky in Paule KaThor is looking hot in this 3 piece tuxedo, but then it could just be that it's Thor in a tuxedo.
2. Chris Pine in ZegnaI just really need Chris Pine to come to more of these things. Him in a tux and with a beard, yes please.
1. Bradley Cooper in Tom FordI have grown to love Bradley Cooper lately. I used to find him annoying, but after seeing Silver Linings Playbook last year, I've changed my mind. I find him charming now, and ever more so in a tux.
Now the best dressed women:
5. Allison Williams in Alexander McQueenOf all the stars of Girls, Allison is the one that is always the best on the carpet. She took a little risk with this McQueen, but I really love the striped top and the shoulder strap. It's so young and different, but still classic.
4. Jennifer Lawrence in DiorBesides the fact that she's amazingly awesome as a person. Jennifer Lawrence really knows how to do it up for the red carpet. The simple white gown is given a modern twist with the black accents at the waist and hips. Plus she is fierce.
3. Aubrey Plaza in Oscar de la RentaThis two-toned dress is fresh and young. The fit is great on her and the accessories hit the right spot. Plus it's always nice to see her smile since she's always scowling on Parks & Rec.
2. Julia Roberts in Dolce & GabbanaJulia looked great in this dress. The shirt underneath was just so cool. Julia knows the whole Hollywood game and she knows how to make it look good.
1. Lupita Nyong'o in Ralph LaurenThis is the dress that had the whole carpet buzzing. This simple sheath would be nothing, but then there is the cape. I think I need a dress with a cape.
Now, the worst dressed men:
4. Matthew McConaughey in Dolce & Gabbana and Camila Alves in Dolce & GabannaI was about to put Matthew on the best dressed list, but then I saw that his jacket was green and velvet. So close.
3. Orlando Bloom in LanvinI have such issues with Lanvin. They have been getting better with their dressed but this tux is the pits. What is up with the closure in the front? That added to Orlando's unkempt hair and you have a worst.
2. Beau BridgesBeau is looking great, but then he wore that black shirt, and the two-tone shoes.
1. Kunal NayyarThe Big Bang Theory star never seems to get it right. At least he didn't wear his Google Glass this time.
Now the best ladies of the night:
5. Zoe Saldana inHad the top part of this dress continued like that all the way to the floor, it would have helped it. But add the length, to the different skirt panel and it just doesn't work. Zoe is a definitely a fashionista, but she missed the mark on this one.
4. Zooey Deschanel in Oscar de la RentaI'm so disappointed in Zooey. She usually is great about taking a modern twist on a retro feel, but this Oscar de la Renta is just boring on her. She looks like she's playing dress up. And the accessories, the flower in the hair and the beaded shoes, just add too much.
3. Megan MullallyI feel like the sleeves are the little covers you put on the end of a rack of lamb. Her new blunt bob and the dark glasses were also too severe for this look.
2. Edie FalcoI don't even know why Edie is wearing this. The big red bow is overdone, but the worse part is the top is just so frumpy. Did she ever try this on?
1. Paula Patton inThe side of Paula Patton's dress is going to over take her and swallow her soon.
Who were your best and worst dressed of the night?
all pics via Eonline.com