I'm a total slacked this year and didn't even see one of the movies nominated for best picture, but that doesn't mean I still don't love watching the Oscars. Let's be serious, it is the Super Bowl of fashion and movies. So, let's take a look at the most important red carpet of the year.
Jennifer Garner in Oscar de la RentaJennifer looked great in this metallic gown. I love the tiered skirt, which didn't end up getting too poufy with all those layers of fabric.
Jessica Biel in ChanelThe ice on her wrists and neck worked really well with Jessica's column gown. Shame her best accessory, hubby Justin Timberlake, was on tour and couldn't join her.
Kristen Chenoweth in Roberto CavalliCheno looked like a little Oscar statue wearing all of that gold. I think the dress was a bit to heavy for her petite frame.
The celebrity couples came out to the carpet showing off their Oscar Sunday best.
Christian Bale and Sibi BlazicBatmna needs a haircut stat. I don't know why he's looking so messy.
Dax Shepard in Jim Varvados and Kristen Bell in Roberto CavalliI love these two, besides being awesome people, they look the part on the red Carpet. I'm digging Dax's grey suit and Kristen's Frozen-inspired white dress is perfect for the night.
Olivia Wilde in Valentino and Jason Sudekis in PradaOk, I had no idea that Jason Sudekis was even going out with Olivia Wilde (yes, I live under a rock these days), but they looked great together. I love the white detail on the back of her dress, and this navy tux was perfectly tailored, yet still different because of the color.
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith in Versace
No idea why Will is wearing an ascot. It counfounds me, but Jada is looking great in that peach Versave.
Johnny Weir and Tara LipinskiI was so happy to see the fashion plates of the Olympics make their way to the red carpet. Johnny is fierce and his bestie Tara is looking great too.
Brad Pitt in Tom Ford and Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab Haute CoutureThe king and queen of the carpet look great as always. Angie joined in on the metallic trend with this gown, though I would have liked to see her in something a bit more form fitting. But she was just there to support her honey, the Oscar winner for Best Picture. And Brad, just always looks good in a tux.
Here are the best dressed men of the night.
5. Jared Leto in Yves Saint LaurentHow can you not love Jordan Catalano? People kept telling me his hair was greasy, but I didn't see it. I love the white dinner jacket, and this rockstar status, and hotness, even make me allow him to be in that red bow tie.
4. Martin ScorceseI had to put Marty in there cause he's always such a classic. Gotta love him.
3. Chiwetel EjioforA classic man in a classic tuxedo. Perfect for Oscar.
2. Joseph Gordon-Levitt in CalvinI just love JGL, and he's grown up so good. And put him in a tux, just wow. Can someone please put him in more Oscar movies, so we can keep seeing him at these things?
1. Matthew McConaughey in Dolce & Gabbanna with Camila AlvesAlright, alright, alright... Best Actor winner, Matthew is looking dapper in his white dinner jacket with vest and tie. I love that he mixed it up a bit, but kept it totally classic and cool.
And now the best dressed ladies of the night.
5. Anna Kendrick in J MendelAnna is one of the only people to really take a fashion risk, and I think it paid off. I love the edgy look of this dress, and a younger actress like Anna is just the one to make it work. I love the hair and I adore her red clutch.
4. Cate Blanchett in ArmaniCate is usually a red carpet let down for me, but I think she knew she was gonna win Best Actress, so she stepped it up. This gorgeous nude and jeweled Armani is modern and classic and totally befitting a Best Actress.
3. Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueenSandy has been hit or miss on the carpet lately, but this dress put her back on the top. The draping and color and her sideswept hair were just perfect.
2. Kate Hudson in Atelier VersaceThis is the way the metallic trend should be done. Kate Hudson totally shocked me in this dress. It is amazing. The smokey eyes against the silver gown and understated hair were just right.
1. Charlize Theron in DiorI LOVE this dress. The top is just amazing, but then the sheer overskirt makes it even better. Add that amazing necklace and this is what iconic Oscar looks are made of.
And onto the fun stuff, the worst dressed. First, the guys.
2. Jeremy RennerJeremy's bow tie is bigger than his face. It just doesn't work.
1. Pharrell WilliamsI would like to thank Pharrell for actually putting on pants for his performance during the ceremony, but he could have actually worn pants for the carpet too.
And now the ladies that needed a little help.
5. Glenn Close in Zac PosenThis dress is just so heavy. I feel liek her body is going to be cast for some special effects makeup. Showing some arm would totally help.
4. Julie Delpy in Jenny PackhamThis is just a big ol' mess. Shapeless and just too matronly.
3. Elsa PatakyThis is not how to rock your baby bump. I feel like she tried to squeeze into a dress that fit her pre-baby. This is just not a good look.
2. Sally Hawkins in ValentinoAnd the I went to grandma's attic to find my dress award goes to Sally Hawkins. It's too matronly, too big and just too ugly.
1. Liza MinelliThe pants, the off-the-shoulder top, the satin, the blue hair, the facelift... why, why, why, why, why?
photos via eonline.com
Another awards season has come to an end my friends. Hopefully, I'll be able to see some of the nominees soon. It was a great show and we got to see some great fashion.
Who were your faves on the red carpet?